This is not super healthy. It is, however, super fast and super easy, and frankly you could do worse. As the days have gotten shorter and the nights colder, dishes like this yummy casserole have really hit the spot. Oh, and just as soon as I can find the cord for my camera, I'll start putting pictures in here again.
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Siesta Fiesta Chicken Casserole
1 rotisserie chicken
2 bags frozen "fiesta style" vegetables
1 small can sliced olives, drained
1 small can diced green chiles
2 cans cream of chicken condensed soup
2 cups sliced pepper jack cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the breast meat from the chicken into bite sized chunks. Save the rest for something else.
3. Mix the chicken, vegetables, olives, chiles, condensed soup, and 1 cup of the pepper jack cheese together, and put everything in a casserole dish. (Maybe 9x13? I'm not sure how big the one I used was, but it was the biggest one I have.)
4. Sprinkle the other cup of pepper jack cheese over the top of the casserole.
5. Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until cheese is browning and bubbly.
6. For best results, serve with cornbread. (We're talking Jiffy mix muffins, here.)