Sunday, April 25, 2010

Coconut Rice Pudding


Today's anecdotal recipe is for coconut rice pudding - I think I'm on something of a tropical kick lately. Last night we had macadamia crusted mahi-mahi with tropical fruit salsa, accompanied by jasmine rice and steamed broccoli. So good. I made extra jasmine rice because I think you can never have too much of it, and I held back some macadamia nuts because I figured inspiration might strike, and who wants to be nutless when it does? Today I wanted a quick dinner (maybe more of a snack/dessert), so I stirred together the leftover jasmine rice, about half a can of lite coconut milk, a little water, some raisins, some chopped macadamia nuts, and flaked coconut. I put the whole thing over medium-low heat, stirred it for a few minutes, and wound up with a rich, creamy, delicious rice pudding/porridge. It was nicely filling, light on the tastebuds, and there's enough left for breakfast tomorrow morning!

P.S. The picture is not of my coconut rice pudding, because I didn't think to take a picture. It looks just like mine, though. The image is by Randy Mayor and Jan Gautro and is borrowed affectionately but without permission from the Cooking Light website.

No comments:

Post a Comment